Are you a writer looking for a well-paid job?
Join our online team of professional freelance writers and researchers today!
Toll Free 24/7 for US and Canada
Abundance of orders
We always make sure our writers and editors have enough jobs to fit in their schedule. Work with topics you enjoy writing about!
There is no need to wake up early in the morning or work till the cows come home - build your own schedule and write when you want to!
We know that good writers, editors and proofreaders do not work for peanuts. Enjoy up to $15 for writing a double-spaced page.
5 tips to keep meticulous records when tracking assignments, submissions and responses
Keeping records of your assignments, submissions and responses can help understand your work flow and how to organize your time better. You not only get a better idea how long it takes for you to get assignments, this can help you improve your submission process overtime. Keeping track of your work flow is important as it can help you increase earning potential while maintaining accurate records to refer to for future needs. There are various ideas you can take and mold into your own, but the following tips are just a few to help you get started.
- Review online tools that can help you with recordkeeping. There are websites that offer free access to tools that can help you store data regarding your work efforts. This can include using a chart, graph, or other visual concept to help you organize your records. Consider options recommended for freelance writers.
- Keep written records in a notebook. Some freelancers like to keep things simple by using a notebook to keep records. This can be a good option to help you get started that is basic and easy. You can use graph paper to help you create columns and label each column accordingly. You can also consider having a notebook for each genre or subject to help you organize your notes, such as one for academic papers, on for proofreading, and so on.
- Use a calendar or planner. There are planners and calendars in different sizes and formats. You can consider a computer program that allows you to input data for each day. You can also consider desktop calendars at office supply stores.
- Consider digital applications if using iPad or smartphone devices. More writers are utilizing android apps that help you organize written content. Depending on the app you can use its features to help you stay or organized or to help you store data related to your tracking for easy reference.
- Use a spreadsheet or word processing software program. This is another common option next to using notebook paper. You can be creative and develop a system that will help you track and organize actions related to your work. You can make graphs or develop a form that would allow you to record information such as the date, name of client, writing agency and type of writing job. You can also have an area to include hire date, amount paid, and date completed.